Sunday, October 31, 2010

Quilted Table Tops

Here are a couple pictures of the table tops I've quilted for friends and family. Oh boy, I sure need to learn how to take better pictures! But I'm not redoing them, so I can see how far I've come (hopefully) in the near future of picture taking! (I write half facetiously and half crossing my fingers).

The problem is, the fabric is slightly darker than this. When I take the flash off the camera, it looks waaaaaay too dark. Hmmmm...not sure what to do. If I'm to start selling crafts, I need to have my pictures look as accurate as possible.



And I'll definitely have to iron them before taking pictures - lol! I had them folded up and ready to be sent out.

3 comments:

  1. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great! Quilting is beyond me so I am in awe of anyone who can do it! I've found that taking pictures with a flash washes out the colour so I try to take pictures in daylight whenever possible. There are some good photo tips at the Etsy forums, here's a link to the Techniques & Materials forum:
    http://www.etsy.com/forums_board.php?forum_id=5000000
    You might have to do some digging to find the posts related to picture taking but take a look because they make the geekery of taking photos much easier! I am photo challenged myself so I know how you are feeling! Good luck and thanks for sharing your pictures, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Deb -

    Thanks for a link to taking better pictures. I'll check it out. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is photo-challenged!

    Ron, I'll check your blog out. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete