Friday, March 4, 2011

Marketing Tips: Blog Swapping, Contests, and Link Parties

I recently ran across the concept of blog swapping throughout my various surfing around on link parties. Blog swapping is a lot like guest blogging, but it's reciprocal. (Guest blogging is where you have someone come in a do a guest post for you. This is usually done by bloggers who have a large audience and write a few posts a week).

Blog swapping is reciprocal in that you and the person you "swap" with will both write a post for each other's blog. It's a great way of being introduced to new readers since you're posting on another person's blog and they may have an entirely different readership than you. These new (to you) readers may even follow you!

These guest posts can be about whatever you want - highlights of your blog (including links), a little bit about yourself, how you know the owner of the blog, etc. If anyone would like to do some blog swapping with me, please email me. (Email addy is in my profile).

Additionally, I'll soon be holding contests on the Sunburnt Cow and Handmade Teddies and Raggedies blogs. I hope these will be regular occurrences, but it depends upon how many participate. What I envision is kind of like a discover a new artisan type of contest wherein those who have only been selling online for three months or less will get some publicity. I'll be writing more details about that soon, but suffice it to say that if you're new to selling online, stay tuned! Also, if you'd like to be a judge, please let me know by dropping me an email. (You'll get publicity by being a judge).

I'll be having another link party starting Sunday, as I wrote about in my previous post, so mark your calendars. :) One of my blogging friends received ten new followers due to the first link party here. Yay!

Lastly, I'll be starting up link parties on the aforementioned Sunburnt Cow and Handmade Teddies and Raggedies as well so that you can link up your handmades that you're trying to sell. Remember, the link party here isn't for items that you're selling.

Happy Friday, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks for following Crafty Geordi! I am already a follower, I've seen you before...love the name of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine -

    I did a little write up on you over at http://allthumbscrafts.blogspot.com/2011/03/swap-followings.html

    Cheers,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete