Monday, January 10, 2011

A Creative Weekend

I had a very creative weekend. I got to spend a lot of time experimenting and trying new things. Wanna see?

Soy tarts. Not sure if this is how you make them, though I've seen several with a bunch of stuff in them, like this:


They're in a yummy, yummy, YUMMY fragrance called Vanilla Rum Cake. Mmmmm mmmmm!

Also finally tried my hand at mixed media glass art. With this bottle, I had every side be different. One plain because I like the texture.



Can you see the oopsie? I put wax paper on top of the picture so I could put something heavy to help get the glue to stick. Welllll...wax paper doesn't work. Peeled part of the picture right off. It actually makes it look like one of those old time photos, though. You know how some of those photos have globs on the negatives? Kinda like that. Also looks like it might be part of her hair adornment.

One side for Easter:



And one side for Christmas:



I'll probably put little wood or paper mache eggs on little dowels and stick them in the jar for Easter, and little Christmas trees on little dowels for Christmas.

Also made another little jar. Love the color!



I wanted to try a fabric embellishment instead of a photo; hence, the fabric heart glued on. I'll put little fabric hearts on sticks in this jar.

Also finished up making some Valentine's gift for my swap partner on the Prim Pals Forum. Can't show you the pictures just yet cuz she might see this post!

Worked on a quilt last week, but I fell in love with it too much to sell it. So now it's mine, all mine!! It still needs binding and sewing up the edges. Not sure when I'll get around to that since I want to really start making a bunch of things for my Etsy shop.



The black and white blur is Tessa, running through life as she usually does - lol! She had to sniff the quilt because she hadn't seen it before and then quick run away. But no, I don't let my dogs or cats sniff the things I'm going to sell. I take pictures of those in a separate room or up away from them!



I'm also going to start a multiple part series on SEO and how to get your selling blog noticed. Stay tuned for that. I have over thirty pages of articles I wrote for someone about this subject a couple years ago. Gotta go through all those articles, pick out what applies to selling blogs, and then rewrite them. Hopefully I can get the first installment posted by the end of this week. Stay tuned.

Oh, and hopefully soon I can get to 30 followers so I can add another little goody to the giveaway!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, girl! you have been busy! Isn't it fun to try your hand at new things? Love, love, the quilt! I'd have a hard time parting with it too!
    I'll keep watching for more of your goodies to go on sale! I want to see the rag quilts.......
    Thanks for the SEO info. Now I just need to take the time and update my selling blog! ;-)
    Stay warm.
    ~Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's hard to part with some of the stuff we make. I imagine it's especially hard for you because you do such beautiful work.

    I do have a couple rag quilts on my Etsy shop now. Gotta make some more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You been busy but everything looks just lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - you were productive! I just have to tell you that you made me laugh with your ocmments about my blocks and the hug around your dirty,dirty neck! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete