Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

Here's another fun installment of Ten on Tuesdays. This week, I'm listing ten things I've done for a living, mostly in chronological order.

1. Paper carrier. Had my first job as a paper carrier when I was nine years old. Rode my little bike and delivered the papers. Fast forward a couple decades, and I had a motor paper route as an adult. It was the perfect job for a single mom with a toddler.

2. Fast food restaurant. Icky job that a lot of teens have to suffer through - lol!

3. Travel agent. It was a fun job, and I probably would've done it longer, but the owner of the company I worked for got arrested for fraud. I saw what she was doing and quit before the shtf.

4. Various secretarial/data entry jobs when I was going back to college as an older than average student.

5. Legal assistant. Worked for a prominent defense attorney in Detroit (even engaged to him. Got smart and dumped him - lol). Rubbed elbows with a lot of "famous" people in the legal profession there (some even went on to DC and NY). One attorney I dated was interviewed by Tom Brokaw for his nightly news show before he (Tom Brokaw) retired. Alas, I found out that 99% of the lawyers I met are kinda...odd...to put it nicely. (Gads, I just realized I dated five lawyers...shudder).

6. Copywriter for a radio station. That was probably the funnest job I ever had. The words just flowed, and I received positive feedback from the radio station and their advertisers whenever I came in to work. Unfortunately it was an internship during college, so the job wasn't permanent.

7. Voice over actress. Nothing national, just local.

8. Webmistress. Unfortunately, this is a case of use it or lose it, and I barely remember the html to put in links.

9. Cafe owner. I would've continued with this since I enjoy cooking and baking, but since it was for this town full of penal colony inbred stock, it proved difficult dealing with all the politics and the backbiting that went on.

10. Freelance writer. Been doing this since around 2003.

Photobucket" />

4 comments:

  1. So cool to learn a little more about you! I love how the jobs are sooo different from each other! I've had a lot of random and different jobs -- its kind of fun looking back and thinking... woah I did all of that! =)

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  2. How interesting. What a great post!
    I have had some weird ones also. Funny when you think of it.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only think that if I were a travel agent, I would get so sad to plan a great trip and then not be able to go on it, ha! :-) I think I've had about 4 jobs in my life, so I loved hearing about all of yours! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! What a great idea for a post! I'm afraid my colorful job history would take at least ten posts!

    ReplyDelete