Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What My Thumbs Have Been Up To

So what have my thumbs been up to over at All Thumbs Crafts? I've made a braided yarn wreath I think turned out very pretty. I know it's not prim related, but I thought I'd share it anyway.


Also got my paper mache Easter eggs featured in another link party!

I broke down and bought a computer about an hour ago. I've spent some very frustrating days of late with my old computer. Now it's making all kinds of noises. Hopefully it can keep on going til I get the new one in the mail. I wanted to hold off for a little while more, but I couldn't. It literally took 27 minutes to link up to a link party earlier today. I figure what would take me only an hour on a regular computer takes me about ten hours on this one, so it's illogical to keep using this ol' thing. I have way too much to do now trying to market my various blogs to sit on the edge of my seat, with my eyeballs bleeding, looking at a frozen screen - lol! (Yes, I'm still frustrated). Plus, I may regain the full use of my arm if I have a laptop, because I won't have to use a mouse, which gives me excruciating pain to my shoulder.

Also got asked to do a series of ebooks on Amazon with clients I've worked with for years now. I'll see if they're going to pay me via a cut of the sales, or if it's just a flat fee. If it's just a flat fee, I wouldn't be interested, and I'll go figure out how to do it myself...though I'd have to find a way to market the books, and they have a big market base.

5 comments:

  1. Bless your heart. Ever since I switched to a laptop about six years ago, I have had not problems with my shoulder. I used to have the burning sensation right at the top. I think you will start to notice a big difference after you've had it for a couple of months.

    I loved your wreath and the color of yarn that you chose. You will have to do a tutorial on how you made it for sure.

    Have a great evening!
    Deanna :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your wreath Tracy, perfect colours for Easter! Yay on the new computer! Hope it arrives soon to save your poor shoulder. And good luck with the ebooks, hope it will be a cut rather than a flat fee so you can get the fees you so richly deserve! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Deanna and Deb, for the comment on the wreath. It was so simple, yet relaxing, to make. I love to braid!

    Deanna, the tutorial for the wreath is mentioned in the post above, in case you wanted to do something similar. I'd love to see your wreath if you try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tracy,
    Thanks for all the times you've stopped by my blogs and visited with me and sent me emails while I was ill these past few months or so. I'm back in the saddle again, though! And now I can get back to visiting you.

    Well, still having computer problems? I hope your new one arrives ASAP so you can get on with your blogs and marketing. Ooo... books for Amazon? That is so exciting and cool. You'll have to keep us posted about this and let us know if it all works out (fingers are crossed for you) and what the books will be. I'm excited for you.

    I hope everything else is going well for you. I have to drop down and go through your blog and read up on things. It's been so darned long.

    Hugs to you,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your wreath! Perfect for Spring! Congrats on your new computer! I know how frustrating computer issues can be.

    ReplyDelete