Sunday, November 28, 2010

Adopt a Family for Christmas

Inspired by Clucklebees' post about adopting a family for Christmas, I wonder if we in the craft blogging world could do that. Do any of you know of a family who is in some tough financial times and don't know how they're even going to have a Christmas this year? Maybe some of us artisans - once we find a family - can send one (or more) item(s) to them to give them a Christmas they'll never forget.

After all, many of us have online gift exchanges, why not an exchange - though one way - online to a family who is in need of some major cheer!

If any of you know of such a family, let me know. My email addy is iluvffmn at yahoo dot com. Let's all brainstorm and see if we can do this. I'll be glad to organize everything.


EDITED TO ADD: After emailing "chatting" with Susan at Clucklebees, she mentioned that not many people would like a bunch of strangers (i.e., us crafters) on the internet knowing their address. That's totally understandable. I know I wouldn't want that. So perhaps one of us knows of a local family and wouldn't mind if we sent all the presents to that artisan, and then she could deliver the presents to the family.

Another idea could be contacting a shelter and helping a family out. When I lived in the women's shelter for a time with my son, our only possessions were what I could fit into my car. I didn't have any ornies, let alone a tree. So perhaps a women's shelter might know of a single mom who is just now getting out on her own and could use some cute little ornies and various other handcrafted items. (Of course, the Fergus Falls (MN) Women's Shelter is near and dear to my heart since that's where I stayed. They're the ones I wrote My Father, My Husband for).

Anyway, if y'all have any ideas, let me know. I'd love to be able to help a family out this Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tracy, this is such a sweet idea. I'm going to put this in a post and put it out on my blog today and we'll see what comes of it. Thanks for contacting me about this. Let's see what happens. Hopefully we will all be able to come up with something.

    Hugs,
    Susan @ clucklebees

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Susan, for your help and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete