Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I Won Something!

Whoo hooo! I won a calendar from Primitive Quilts and Projects! Yay!

Maybe I can tell my son to wrap it up for me and pretend it's from him. Ha, he'd roll his eyes at me and say it isn't the same. He always feels so bad that he can't get me much, if anything, for the holidays, but he's been just a kid - until recently. And now that he's older, well...I don't have a car, so it's not as if he can go out and buy me anything. Plus, he doesn't have a job because of the no car issue. I keep reminding him that the best gifts he gives me are everyday when he helps me around the house without complaining. (And eating my experimental recipes without complaining either. And sometimes...that's a big sacrifice on his part - lol)! Plus, he's also good about helping the neighbor take care of his dogs everyday and doing odd jobs here and there for him without much in the way of remuneration.

Anyway, I'm happy about the calendar. Yay! Now I have one for next year. It's definitely inspiring me to get back to quilting. For the past couple days I've been cutting out squares from old jeans for a rag quilt (while watching TV). Still gotta finish up the table runner and get that listed on Etsy.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Tracy!! How wonderful. It's so much fun to win one of these lovely giveaways. I won something recently, as well! I'll be posting it on my blog when I get it.

    You know, my son worries about that too. We do have a car, but it's not very great, and my son doesn't drive yet. My husband takes the good car to work, so we are home most days... plus he is homeschooled so he spends a great deal of his time working away the hours in classes. What is the most wonderful thing is to have each other during the holidays. There is a quote I really love for this time of year:

    The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other. ~Burton Hillis

    I think this is so true. I hope you and your son will have a very beautiful Christmas season with the blessings of having each other and the love you share as Mom and son.

    Blessings,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete