Friday, November 19, 2010

Brrrr! It's beginning to feel a lot like....

North Dakota! It's now below zero without the wind chill. Today, when I had to head on out to the post office, it was 20 below zero with the wind chill. I've walked in colder weather before, but today was especially difficult. I think it was because no matter which direction I went, the wind decided to be a trickster and blow directly into my face. It was so cold, my face felt like one big migraine. Luckily, it's only about a half mile to the post office!

Picked up some more trays at the second hand store. Got a couple different size boxes from the post master and wrote down the price on them so I can get an idea about shipping costs when I start selling crafts online. Silly me, I left the boxes there.

Then went to friend's house. She and her husband are going to be gone until January or February, and they want me to water their plants. Stayed awhile, and we had a wonderful chat. I like her a lot. Unfortunately, she only lives here part time. Anyhoo, in lieu of payment, I can use her washer and dryer. Whoo hoo! Not that I'll be doing loads and loads of clothes - probably just one a week, which is great, especially when it comes to sheets!

Have some writing projects lined up for the weekend, so that's good. The Aussie woman is still stringing me along. Still owes me over $1,000, and not being able to work for her these past two months is a bit difficult. But we're getting by, thank goodness.

Had some creative new ideas for craft projects and started working on them last night and today. On the agenda now is making pillows, and I like how they're turning out. Since I pick up a lot of clothes dirt cheap at the second hand store, I like to implement them into my craft projects. Plus, it just feels good being able to "upcycle" something that someone has basically thrown away. So, as I was rummaging upstairs (which is my storage area), I saw a couple jeans legs that I had cut off. Light bulb went off and I thought of funky little pillows. I can make them prim or I guess what they call shabby chic. Hehe! I like how the first two turned out. I'll take pics over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment